Thursday, February 9, 2012

Braised Beancurd Skin W Asstd Mushrooms

I actually got the inspiration of this dish from the mixed veggie rice stall from the nearby coffeeshop. Their version is very simple with beancurd, chinese mushrooms and wolfberries. As I have alot of leftover fresh mushrooms in my fridge therefore I decide to throw all in. It is very simple and goes well with porridge. Just nice with the gravy and highly nutritious with the mushrooms. Bok do not like this dish so much as he is never a mushroom and beancurd person.


INGREDIENTS 

1 pkt of beancurd skin ( I bought those square size fried beancurd sold at those yong tau foo stall in the wet market)
1 pkt of enoki mushroom 
1 pkt of japanese fresh mushroom
Handful of wolfberries

SEASONING

Dark soy sauce
Oyster sauce
Water 
Sugar

PREPARATION
  • Pan fry fresh mushroom and set aside
  • Bring seasoning to boil 
  • Add in all ingredients except wolfberries and simmer for 10 - 15 mins
  • Add in wolfberries and cook for 5 mins
  • Serve
REMARKS 

Can put in some cinnamon stick or 5 spice powder but I omitted as I do not like the smell of 5 spice powder

No comments:

Post a Comment