Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Nickname for Baby

For those who like to watch Korean dramas, it is very often and normal to see scenes of korean parents calling their unborn baby by their nickname even before they know the gender of the baby. I understand that the reason for doing so is that they believed that this way the baby will be able to connect to the parents and goes to them safely.

Since young, I also have a nickname that has no connection to my name. It is just a nickname given to me by my father and I am the only one in my family that has a nickname. When I am a kid, I used to be embarrassed when my dad called me that on the streets. However, now that I am older, I kind of missed the days and really feel sweet and wonderful to have such a nickname.

Now that I am going to be a mother soon, I also want my baby to feel the same way as me. With no idea on the gender yet, I decide to call my unborn baby as Bb. It might seems uncreative for now but no choice as Bok is never an interesting person therefore no creative idea yet. I will definitely think of a more interesting nick in a later stage.



BbBbBbBbBbBbBbBbBbok

No comments:

Post a Comment